Sunday, April 10, 2011

MSG -Surprise!!!

Twice this past week I have been duped.
   First I went to a new vietnamese restaurant.  The food was really tasty, then when I got home I was sick.  Oh yeah forgot to worry about MSG, too busy worrying about Gluten (my other food worry)  I had had some of their food at meetings I have attended so I wasn't really worrying about it but guess I had just been lucky before.  Not this time.  I had even told my husband that maybe we should switch to this restaurant because the food was so good, that should have been my first clue. If it's soooo yummy it's probably MSG.
   Then tonight I used my hot stir fry oil I had in the cupboard to stir fry some mushrooms and onions.  Hadn't checked the label on that.  Who would think.  Anyway,  natural flavoring was the culprit.  I had many of the usual symptoms, so I threw that one away.
   Just another lesson in how vigilant we have to be in paying attention to our food ingredients.
On the upside my niece told me of a place in St Louis Park that has good food and no MSG so I am looking forward to trying it out soon.
Happy shopping and eating
Pame

No comments:

Post a Comment